How to Choose the Right Type of Home Extension for Your Property17 May 2023
A home extension is a great way to add extra space and value to your property, but it can be a tricky decision. In this guide, we’ll take you through everything you need to know before making the leap into home extension territory and the various types of extensions available so that everything will make sense when it comes time to choose which one suits your needs best.
Considerations Before Choosing a Home Extension
Before looking for a home extension, it’s important to consider what you want from the project.
• Planning permission and building regulations – Do you need planning permission? What regulations apply to your property?
• Budget – How much can you afford to spend on the extension? This will help determine how large and what home extension style would suit your property.
• Lifestyle needs – Do any rooms need improving or expanding as part of this project?
Types of Home Extensions
There are many different types of home extensions, and you can use them to create various spaces.
• A single-storey extension is an addition that extends outwards from your property but remains at ground level. This type of extension has many benefits, including improving access between rooms and using underused spaces such as garages or sheds. It also allows you to add extra living space without making significant structural changes to the existing building structure (for example, by adding foundations).
• Double-storey extensions are a great way to add space and value to your home. It can be used for many different purposes, including adding bedrooms and bathrooms and creating an additional living area. They’re also relatively inexpensive compared with other home extensions because they don’t require the same amount of structural work as ground-floor additions.
• Loft Conversions are a great way to add space to your home, but they do come with some drawbacks. They can be expensive and time-consuming to install, so you should only consider this option if you have the budget and are willing to wait for it to be completed.
• Conservatories are a type of home extension that can add value to your property. It’s also one of the most popular types of extensions, so it’s worth considering if you’re thinking about extending your house or adding an extra room. Conservatories have many advantages: they provide extra space for entertaining guests and family, create an attractive focal point for your garden, and help increase the value of your property.
• Basement Conversions are a popular choice for homeowners who want to make the most of their space. The basement is often the least-used part of a home and can be turned into an extra bedroom or even an entire suite of rooms. This can be especially helpful if your home has multiple floors since it gives you more room for guests when they visit.
In conclusion, choosing the right type of extension for your property is important. A conservatory is great if you have a lot of plants and want a space where they can thrive. If you’re looking for extra living space that you can use all year round, an attic conversion might be more suitable.
If you’re unsure what home extension best suits your needs, talk to our licensed residential builders at Nathan Brown Building. We will help guide you through the process and help you realise if extending your Newcastle Lake Macquarie home is worth it.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO